Saturday, March 18, 2006

Garmin Edge 305 Cyclometer - Installation

I managed to carve out some time to install the Garmin Edge 305 with cadence and heart rate on my road bike this morning. I have not had a chance to ride with it yet, but here are my installation and calibration thoughts.

Likes:
  • Very easy to set up stem mount for main unit.
  • Very easy to set up cadence/speed sensor.
  • Very easy to calibrate and set up software.
  • Heart rate monitor picked up signal with no problems.
Dislikes:
  • Cheap ass wheel magnet (used for speed calculation when unit cannot get satellite signal).
  • For a unit that retails for around $400, it is really cheap of Garmin to not include a second cadence/speed sensor.
  • Again, for a unit that retails for around $400, it is really cheap of Garmin to not include an additional stem and handlebar mount.
The unit will track data for 2 bikes - why don't they give you everything you need to make those bikes work the same?

Once I put in some miles, I will post likes and dislikes for the functionality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home