Monday, December 05, 2005

Old School Bastard Visits "Fitness Center"

So I am traveling for work and decide to take advantage of the hotel exercise facilities. Gleaming chrome, rolled towels, bottled water, and a million bucks worth of exercise and video equipment. I am told by some of my less cheap-ass friends who actually belong to gyms, that this is the norm in gyms now. Every piece of cardio equipment has it's own television so you can tune it to your favorite program. Everything is gleaming and new and the latest in high tech. Call me a grumpy old bastard, but it's hard to get a real pump in a gym that is so clean you could eat off the floor. Be old school people, be hard, focused, and determined in your training - and don't let modern gym distractions lead you down a feeble path.

One more rant and I am done for now, I promise. Why, oh why do people make exercise bikes that are built like an easy chair? Man that thing I rode last night was a piece of crap. I could not adjust it to get in anything other than an Archie Bunker easy chair position, the console got in the way of a stretched out hand position, and the saddle looked like it came off a tractor. My ass was barking after riding that thing. Why do people think wider is more comfortable with regard to bike saddles? - That will be the subject of an upcoming post, I can feel it.

I am enjoying getting away, but my basement dungeon is sorely missed!

1 Comments:

At 3:05 AM, Blogger Jill Homer said...

That's why many people ride bike trainers at home :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home