Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Weight Weenies

Back when I was working in bike shops for a living, there existed a creature that exhibited an obsessive compulsive desire to know the weight (in grams) of every bicycle part ever made. This creature was "The Weight Weenie". The weight weenie would ask questions such as:

Hey mister, which is lighter Dura Ace or Record?
Which should I buy the hakuna or the matata, which is lighter?

Even at my lightest, I tend to fall in the Clydsdale category of cyclists. There is almost never a time I can't stand to lose 10 (maybe more) pounds. These questions always amused me. I must admit a certain fetish with the lightweight tid bits like everyone, but there are some people who really get into this stuff and will spend hundreds of dollars to shave a few grams off their rides. Man, there aren't a whole lot of legal things that cost that much! Taking off the old love handles will drop some pounds off your ride and doesn't cost a thing - in fact think of all the beer money you will save.

Anyway, think i'm joking about the weight weenies? Cruise on over to: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/ and see for yourself.

Now, how long will it take me to save for that Scott?


Technorati tags: , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, mister, how much does that weigh?

Two twinkies and a goldfish.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home