Thursday, July 28, 2005

A Giant Sucking Sound

Do you hear that? Ross Perot was wrong. That giant sucking sound you are hearing is not the sound of jobs going to Mexico, it is the sound of U.S. cycling interest being sucked into some giant, frigid, black hole in deep space, now that Lance (like Madonna or Prince you don't even need to specify a last name anymore) has retired. More power to ya' my brother! After killing myself on a bike for 14 years, I would want to plant my ass on a beach and drink some beers for a while too. I hope that the interest in cycling that Lance Armstrong helped generate among the U.S. public stays high, but I have my doubts. His against all odds story and his absolute supremacy in le Tour commanded respect, but there are other interesting cyclists to follow folks. OLN has already started planning on scaling back coverage now that it is just a bunch of fer'ners in tight biker pants. Now that they don't have "the story", it's back to huntin' & killin' shows full time...yee haw!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home